- November 18, 2021
- JII’s first investment in hydrogen sector: California’s largest hydrogen station operator(236KB)
- April 23, 2021
- JII’s first investment in Battery Storage Sector Acquisition of equity interest in Exergy Power Systems, Inc.(277KB)
- August 24, 2020
- Syndicated Loan Agreement for MIST optical submarine cable(316KB)
Characteristics of JII
- Assisting infrastructure business globally
- JII contributes to the sound and sustainable growth of society by supporting our customers' efforts to deploy their high-quality and cutting-edge products, technologies and services globally.
JII invests in infrastructure projects and asset holding vehicles overseas that Japanese manufacturers and engineering companies are involved in.
- Providing various financial solutions
with strong risk-taking capability
- JII capitalizes on its strong risk analysis capabilities to secure financing and provide risk money aimed at business success of Japanese customers.
JII helps achieve stable cash flows and improved risk returns through financing and structuring of overseas businesses and projects, contributions to equity and mezzanine financing, and support for external financing.
In addition to greenfield projects, JII considers brownfield projects provided they fit JII’s investment criteria.
- Always beside our customers
- Our dedicated investment team with professional skills and diverse backgrounds assesses financial solutions together with customers.
Long Term Fee Business
Types of products:Distributed power generation assets, construction machinery, IT equipment, advanced medical equipment,etc.
- In transforming their business model from upfront sales to a recurring, long-term fee business, manufacturers sell/deliver equipment to their clients via SPC established by JII.
- O&M services are provided by the manufacturers or their group companies / partner companies.
- ・Improvement in cash cycle compared to vendor financing
- ・Enable manufacturers(and their customers) to pursue asset-light business models
Types of projects:Power generation/transmission, railway, water/sewage,etc.
- JII supports financing of infrastructure projects in which manufacturers seek to deliver equipment and serve as O&M service providers through equity/mezzanine investment.
- ・Diversification of funding sources
- ・Improvement of equity IRR with mezzanine finance
- ・JII supports Japanese manufacturers and engineering companies deploying their high-quality products and cutting-edge technologies worldwide.
- ・Endeavoring to accumulate total invested assets up to JPY100 billion in the future.
- Types of
- ・Equity/ Preferred Stock / Subordinated Loans for infrastructure projects or asset holding vehicles.
- Sizes of
- ・Target: JPY3-5 billion per transaction.
- ・Investments smaller (JPY1 billion or more) and larger (up to JPY10 billion) than the target size can be considered.
- ・USD / EUR / GBP / JPY, etc.
- Target Sectors
- ・All infrastructure related sectors.
- ・Main target sectors include, but are not limited to, power, railway, water, healthcare and IT.
- ・Our basic policy is to invest in/provide loans to overseas infrastructure projects.
- Holding Period
- ・Flexible, depending on the type of investment.
- ・JII may divest after projects have reached a stable operation stage.
JII makes investment decisions through the process outlined below, and ensures adequate decision making and project feasibility.
|Company Name||Japan Infrastructure Initiative Company Limited|
|Address||10F Meiji Yasuda Life Building, 2-1-1, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0005 Japan|
|Foundation||January 4, 2017|
|Paid in Capital||JPY 35 Billion|
|Shareholders||Mitsubishi HC Capital Inc. 95.1%|
MUFG Bank, Ltd. 4.9%
|Number of Employees||24 (Full time) (as of July 1, 2022)|
|President & CEO||Hiroaki Odajima|
- ・5 minutes walk from Marunouchi South Exit of JR Tokyo Station
・Direct access at Exit 3 of Nijubashi-mae Station of Chiyoda Subway Line
・5 minutes walk from International Forum Exit of JR Yurakucho Station